Friday, July 18, 2014

Chicken Fried Rice!

I’ve always wanted to know how to make fried rice so I decided to teach myself! :)

So I did what every other regular person did and hopped on Pinterest and looked for a quick and easy recipe. Finally found one and got to prepping! I did make some changes though, so I will tell you what I did different.
I got the idea of the recipe from
However I did my own pictures because I got a new camera for Christmas and who wouldn’t want to take pictures of their food?! :P
Okay so here we go….

What I used
=2 cups prepared rice (I used brown minute rice)
-2 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper (could use leftover cooked chicken) My husband prefers more meat to rice ratio.
-1/2 cup frozen mixed peppers (you can use veggies but I didn’t have any at the moment)
-(You can add these but I didn’t) 2 green onions, chopped
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 egg
-3 teaspoons sesame or wok oil (I will show you where to put each tsp)
-2 Tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
Prep took me about 10 mins… Here is everything laid out.
IMG_0855
IMG_0847 2 Cups of cooked Brown Rice (I used min rice)
IMG_0849 2 Chicken Breasts chopped up into bite size chunks
IMG_0850 1/2 cup of frozen mixed bell peppers ( you can use veggies)
IMG_0851 I also added some bean sprouts
IMG_0852 And here is the 2 TBLSP of Soy Sauce, 1 egg with 1 TSP of Sesame Oil whisked together and 1/4 cup of water chestnuts (for that little crunch).
IMG_0856 IMG_0865 IMG_0874 Drop 1 TSP of the sesame oil into the Wok, take the chicken and cook it through and brown it a little then set it aside on a plate.
IMG_0866 So once you move the chicken out take 1 TSP of Sesame Oil and toss it in the Wok. Then add your Veggies.
IMG_0867IMG_0868IMG_0869IMG_0870
Cook it down till the veggies are translucent and softer…then make a WHOLE in the middle of the veggies and pour your egg sesame oil mixture in the middle.
IMG_0880IMG_0881
Cook the egg all the way through then add in your chicken and rice , pour in the 2 TBLSP of soy sauce in and mix all that yummy goodness together!
IMG_0883IMG_0884IMG_0885IMG_0887IMG_0891
TADA!!! Quick easy SUPER yummy Chicken Fried Rice :)
IMG_0893

No comments:

Post a Comment